wrong turn wrong( 五 )


126. I should pay Mary a visit, but I’m not sure whether I will have time this Sunday.
我应该去拜访玛丽 , 但是我不确定这个周日我是否有时间 。
127. “The interest shall be divided into five parts , according to the agreement made by both sides,” declared the judge.
“利益必须被分成五部分 , 根据双方的协议 , ”法官宣布 。
128. You might just as well tell the manufacturer that male customers may not like the design of the furniture.
你不妨告诉制造商男性消费者可能会不喜欢这种家具设计 。
129. A left-luggage office is a place where bags can be left for a short time, especially at a railway station.
行李寄存处是行李袋可以短时间被存放的地方 , 尤其是在火车站 。
130. How can you say that you really understand the whole story if you have covered only part of the article?
如果你只看了文章的一部分 , 怎么能说你理解了整个故事呢?
131. New York, which I visited last year, is a nice old city.
纽约 , 我去年参观过 , 是一个美丽的古老的城市 。
132. We are living in an age when many things are done on computer.
我们生活在一个很多事情都用计算机做的时代 。
133. As has been announced, we shall have our final exams next month.
正如被宣布的那样 , 我们下个月期末考试 。
134. The famous basketball star, who tired to make a comeback, attracted a lot of attention.
这个著名的篮球明星 , 曾试图东山再起 , 吸引了很多人的注意 。
135. He is the only one of the students who has been a winner of scholarship for three years.
在这些学生中 , 他是唯一一个三年获得奖学金的胜利者 。
136. Is this the reason that he explained at the meeting for his carelessness in his work?
这是他在会议上解释他工作中粗心的原因吗?
137. As is known to everybody, the moon travels round the earth once every month.
众所周知 , 月亮每月绕着地球转一次 。
138. He has got himself into a dangerous situation where he is likely to lose control over the plane.
他使他自己陷入一种危险的境地中 , 可能会失去对飞机的控制 。
139. John said he’d been working in the office for an hour, which was true.
约翰说他在办公室一直工作了一个小时 , 是真的 。
140. Have you seen the film “Titanic,” whose leading actor is world famous?
你看过电影《泰坦尼克号》吗? 它的男主角是世界闻名的 。
141. It is almost five years since we saw each other last time.
自从我俩上次见面以来 , 几乎已经五年了 。
142. Don’t leave the sharp knife where our little Jane can get it.
不要把这把锋利的刀放在我们小简可能会够到的地方 。
143. I do every single bit of housework, while my husband Bob just does the dishes now and then.
我做所有的家务 , 然而我的丈夫鲍勃只是偶尔洗碗 。
144. Roses need special care so that they can live through winter.
玫瑰需要特殊的照顾以便它们可以活过寒冬 。
145. Several weeks had gone by before I realized the painting was missing.
几周之后我才意识到这幅画丢了 。
146. Mary was holidaying with her family in a wildlife park when she was bitten on the leg by a lion.
玛丽和家人在野生动物园度假时腿被一头狮子咬了 。
147. Parents should take seriously their children’s requests for sunglasses because eye protection is necessary in sunny weather.
父母应该认真对待孩子对于墨镜的要求 , 因为在阳光强烈的天气里 , 保护眼睛是必须的 。
148. While I accept that he is not perfect, I do actually like the person.
尽管我承认他不完美 , 但我确实喜欢这个人 。
149. Scientists say it may be five or six years before it is possible to test this medicine on human patients.
科学家说可能五年或十年后才会把这种药给人类进行测试 。
150. You should try to get a good night’s sleep however much work you have to do.
无论你必须做多少工作 , 都应该尽力在晚上睡好 。
151. You can eat food free in my restaurant whenever you like.
任何时候只要你喜欢都可以在我的餐馆免费吃饭 。
152. As far as I can see, there is only one possible way to keep away from the danger.
据我所知 , 只可能有一种方式可以远离危险 。
153. However amusing the story is, I have to put it away and focus my attention on study this week.
这周 , 不管这个故事多么有趣 , 我都必须把它收起来专注于学习 。

秒懂生活扩展阅读